The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir seeks an exceptional and experienced individual to serve in the critically important role of Director of Development. As a member of the Choir’s senior management team, and reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will work with an engaged and dedicated Board of Directors to establish and achieve annual fundraising goals to support the Choir’s mission. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gifts, together with proficiency in team building.
- Develop and implement annual fundraising plan based on different giving levels and across the donor life cycle.
- Research and identify best practices to expand the donor database.
- Plan and oversee all fundraising activities including annual fund campaign, corporate sponsorships, and special events.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir’s general operating, endowment, planned giving, and special project funding priorities.
- Working with the Executive Director and key members of Board, cultivate and solicit individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies capable of making major annual gifts, as well as planned giving, and endowment gifts.
- Implement a comprehensive donor stewardship program including acknowledgement plan, donor recognition events, and donor communications.
- Attend all Indianapolis Symphonic Choir events to nurture and grow relationships with donors and prospects.
- Collaborate with various board committees, including Endowment and Gala
- Plan, implement, and manage major events (e.g. season opening, gala). Provide post-event analysis, including financial report and plan for guest stewardship.
- Pull and review reports from donor database to ensure donor information, engagements, pledges, and gifts, are accurately recorded.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and at least three years development experience
Experience with the Indianapolis philanthropic community preferred
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Experience with CRM database (the ISC uses DonorView)
Team player with positive attitude, patience, focus, and resolve
Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
Strong project management skills
Ability to set and meet deadlines
Strong social and interpersonal skills
High energy level
Passion for the mission
Knowledge of classical music preferred
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Indianapolis Symphonic Choir
4600 Sunset Ave, Lilly Hall A040
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Or via e-mail to: email@example.com
Phone inquiries will not be accepted.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes a competitive benefits package such as insurance (medical, vision, dental), PTO, parking, and up to a 3% retirement contribution match.
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir provides equal opportunity employment and advancement that does not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes one unique.
About Indianapolis Symphonic Choir:
The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, celebrating its 85th season in 2021-2022, is proud to be one of the nation’s most established and dynamic musical institutions. Among the most active symphonic choruses in the United States, the Choir reaches more than 20,000 persons each season through performances and education & community engagement programs. The 150 volunteer singers demonstrate the Choir’s commitment to musical excellence through their talent and dedication during each 10-month season. The Indianapolis Symphonic Choir was founded in 1937 at the request of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra to perform the great choral-orchestral repertoire. This continued partnership exhibits the best of collaborative ideals – two independent arts organizations combining their strengths to create beautifully lasting musical results.
For more information about the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir, please visit indychoir.org