This season, the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir is proud to partner with the Indianapolis Zoo by providing carolers on select Saturday evenings.
We’ll have octets of singers scattered throughout the Zoo performing both sacred and secular holiday carols to enhance your experience at Christmas at the Zoo. Who knows? We may even find an elephant to sing tenor!
Dating back to 1967, the Indianapolis Zoo was the first zoo in the nation to hold a holiday lights event. Christmas at the Zoo presented by Donatos and Teachers Credit Union is a magical time of year that guests can come and see the Zoo at night. Year after year CATZ continues to grow. For our 52nd year, we’re adding even more lights to fill the Zoo with a warm glow. Christmas at the Zoo is included with regular admission.
Under the Bicentennial Pavilion, Santa’s Village is one of our newest additions. Here, you’ll discover:
- Extra Hours to Visit Santa: Meet the Jolly Old Elf under the Bicentennial Pavilion in Santa’s Study from 12:30-4pm and 5-9pm Sundays through Thursdays, until 10pm on Fridays and Saturdays. The Zoo is closed Christmas Eve and Day and New Year’s Eve and Day.
- Mrs. Claus’ Kitchen: Free visits with Mrs. Claus through Dec. 23 and treat decorating available for purchase.
- Santa’s Barn: See Santa’s sleigh and a few of his reindeer.
- Carolers from the Indianapolis Symphonic Choir (on select Saturday evenings)
- Tunnel of Lights: Have your camera ready to remember the moment you step inside the tunnel and are surrounded in glowing lights!
- Penguin Encounter: Get up close to these winter-ready birds from 6-8pm (animal and weather dependent).
- Mistletoe Kisses Gazebo: A picturesque place to find one of 10 hidden mistletoe. Look for more mistletoe hidden throughout the Zoo and submit your answers in the main gift shop to try to win an Animal Art Adventure.
- Holiday Card Photo Opportunity: Larger than life holiday card for a larger than life family photo moment!
Read the full press release here